Broccoli is one of the most essential vegetables that grow in the winter, especially in many cold regions. Broccoli is a vegetable that has a very great nutritional value. It belongs to the cruciferous family along with many other crops such as cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and other vegetables that belong to the same agricultural plant family. And broccoli has many botanical, medicinal, and chemical properties. In this article, we talk more about broccoli, highlighting the most important of these benefits that are found in broccoli.
The nutritional content of broccoli
Broccoli contains a very great nutritional value because broccoli contains many very important nutrients, such as:
- Various vitamins: Broccoli contains a large number of vitamins, especially vitamin C, especially in cooked broccoli, which helps to increase the body’s supply of this vitamin in addition to that this vitamin is necessary for the work of the immune system, as it acts as an antioxidant and treats cardiovascular diseases and eye lens problems. It also helps the elderly to be active and lively and get rid of wrinkles around the eyes and in different areas of the skin if taken daily.
Various studies have confirmed that broccoli contains a group of other vitamins such as B vitamins, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K, a vitamin that is very necessary for maintaining bone health, wound healing and healing, as well as maintaining the body’s needs of this important vitamin by eating broccoli daily.
- Antioxidants: One of the good elements that are found in broccoli, is there are many powerful antioxidants in broccoli that support the health of the body and the integrity of tissues and cells throughout the body. The body is free from many different diseases.
Many different studies have confirmed that broccoli has many compounds that help reduce blood sugar, cholesterol, oxidative stress, the development of chronic diseases, and other antioxidants that protect the body from various cancers.
- Various minerals: Broccoli has many different minerals, especially calcium and potassium, and these mineral elements provide the body with many general benefits for the body, especially for the internal functions of the body.
Rich source of natural fibers: Broccoli also contains a very good amount of dietary fiber that helps promote regular bowel movement, reduce the risk of various diseases such as constipation, maintain the health of the digestive system, and reduce the risk of various cancers, especially colon cancer, and broccoli is one of the sources that It is low in calories, so the fiber in it helps you feel full and full, thus reducing overeating.
This important nutritional value, which is found in broccoli, has made scientific studies confirm the importance of broccoli for the body, and this is what can be known through the next few lines.
What are the most important benefits of broccoli for public health?
Broccoli contains many important nutritional contents that help boost immunity, in addition to many health aspects, through the following benefits:
- Lowering cholesterol levels in the blood
Many different studies have confirmed that consuming vegetable and fruit drinks that contain broccoli and other vegetables of the same species, such as cabbage, helps reduce total cholesterol in the body. This is in addition to many benefits in terms of lowering light or medium cholesterol in adults.
- Reduce the risk of cancer Many different studies confirm that broccoli affects many beneficial aspects, especially in cancer, as various studies have confirmed that broccoli reduces the risk of cancer in women, especially before menopause, where studies have confirmed that a lower rate of cancer in Breasts is significantly associated with eating broccoli. On the other hand, a study that included about 12 laboratory studies published by a specialized journal in Cancer in 2002 confirmed that broccoli works to increase protection against cancer, and this applies to many vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, mustard plant, and cabbage, and this helps reduce the risk of prostate cancer. in men. For its part, she stressed that the body can be protected from the risk of colon cancer, due to eating cruciferous vegetables to reduce the risk of colon cancer, and therefore various studies have confirmed protection against colorectal tumors in the body. On the other hand, other studies, including 10 confirmed experiments published in 2013 AD, confirmed the association of eating cruciferous vegetables with a lower risk of bladder cancer observed by scientists. Scientists have confirmed that broccoli has many contents that help protect against the spread of cancerous tumors in the body.
- Reduce the risk of fibromyalgia
It is necessary to know that broccoli helps to recover from this disease prevalent during the previous years. Various reports have confirmed that muscle pain spreads in the body and is accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory, and mood problems. Various results have confirmed that taking a substance such as ascorbic works to reduce pain and various symptoms. Which helps reduce fibromyalgia pain.
- Reducing inflammation in the body
Broccoli helps to get rid of inflammation in the body, as various reports have confirmed that inflammation in the body can be reduced due to eating broccoli, and thus helps to reduce levels of reactive protein in the blood, especially in smoking men, and therefore doctors indicate that broccoli helps reduce inflammation in the blood due to these substances.
- Improving insulin sensitivity in the body
Various studies have confirmed that eating broccoli, in turn, helps improve insulin sensitivity and sensitivity in the body, by eating broccoli for four weeks, and this helps patients with diabetes, especially type II, and therefore doctors confirm that many cases have been cured from Diabetes, especially type 2 diabetes, with increased intake of broccoli.
- Reducing the risk of neonatal cerebral palsy
Broccoli is one of the foods and foods that are very beneficial for the expectant mother. Several experiments conducted on pregnant rats have confirmed that broccoli supplements have helped reduce the risk of developing neurological problems in young mice, and therefore chronic intrauterine ischemia, and this means that eating broccoli sprouts During pregnancy, it is essential for fetuses.
- Broccoli helps in losing weight and getting rid of obesity
Nutritionists depend on many important diets that help to get rid of obesity, and these regimes have led to the success of diets in many cases, especially those that depend on vegetables, and one of the most important vegetables that are relied upon is broccoli, which is considered among the most important vegetables The important thing that helps reduce the percentage of fat in the body and work to burn fat, as well as supplying the body with natural fibers and a feeling of fullness all the time.
Medical warnings about eating broccoli
Broccoli is one of the important vegetables for the body, and this is clear from the important benefits that we discussed in the previous points, but in the end, all vegetables are useful for the body, and there may be some medical warnings about them, especially about groups suffering from various diseases, and medical reports have confirmed that There are many health problems related to eating broccoli, and these health problems are:
Thyroid problems: Health reports have confirmed that eating broccoli leads to many problems, including increasing damage to the thyroid gland in some people, and therefore broccoli may be harmful to them, so doctors warn against cooking broccoli, as it must be cooked extensively under high temperature.
Interference with some medications: Many drugs interfere with the properties of broccoli, and these drugs include warfarin, which interacts with a high percentage of vitamin K, and therefore eating broccoli heavily with this drug may lead to many health problems and reduce its effect on blood thinning.
Food allergy: Many studies confirm that broccoli has many damages to food allergies, as it is one of the vegetables that affects the body as a result of an allergic reaction to many cases, especially allergies due to salicylates, and many symptoms occur when this allergic reaction occurs Serious symptoms such as: feeling sore in the mouth – itching of the skin – coughing – sneezing – runny nose – swelling of the lips and face – wheezing and wheezing – nausea – vomiting – feeling dizzy – urticaria and rash – severe allergic reactions that may threaten life.
These dangers occur for the previous categories, and we may advise in this regard to start taking precautions when eating broccoli and to go to the specialist doctor in the event of any very serious symptoms, which means that certain groups can face certain dangers that may be a threat to life itself, so we have to Caution when eating broccoli or any of the cruciferous vegetables, and this has been confirmed by various studies.
Broccoli is one of the vegetables of great importance, and it is considered one of the vegetables that grow in cold regions, and broccoli is famous in many countries of the world, and these recipes are cooked in these countries. My knowledge is well known and we have confirmed this through the next few lines.
In this article, we learned about the importance of broccoli for public health, and we also learned about all the scientific studies that confirm the necessity of broccoli and its placement in the daily diet that helps nourish the body and benefits from the various benefits. We ask you now, do you like eating broccoli?