Milk with turmeric is one of the most popular drinks in India, and it has also been popular among Western civilizations. Milk drank with turmeric is prepared by boiling cow’s milk, sheep’s milk, or types of milk from plant sources and adding turmeric and other flavorings such as cinnamon and ginger to enhance their taste.
In this article, we will present the most important benefits of turmeric with milk and its role in maintaining health and preventing diseases.
1- Benefits of turmeric with milk and honey for joints
Chronic inflammation greatly contributes to an increased risk of chronic diseases such as cancer, metabolic syndrome, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s.
Curcumin is an effective anti-inflammatory, so taking this turmeric with milk may contribute to the prevention of chronic diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoarthritis.
A study conducted in India in 2012 on a sample of 45 people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis indicated that taking about 500 milligrams of curcumin daily contributes to reducing joint pain more than taking 50 grams of joint medication.
2-Benefits of turmeric with milk before bed
The incidence of depression is represented by a decrease in the levels of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (in English: Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor), the substance curcumin in turmeric contributes to raising the levels of this factor, which contributes to improving mood and preventing depression, so it is recommended to drink this drink before bed.
A 2013 study conducted in India on a sample of 60 people suffering from depression indicated the effectiveness of curcumin in improving the condition of the sufferers and reducing the severity of symptoms. Where this study proceeded to compare the effect of depression medications and turmeric in reducing the severity of the disease, as it concluded that turmeric is similar in effectiveness to depression medications, and indicated that the effectiveness of these medications increased when taken in conjunction with turmeric.
Among the benefits of turmeric with milk before bed, besides preventing depression, helping to relax and sleep, discouraging anxiety and tension, and improving mood as well.
3-Benefits of turmeric with milk for women
Most women suffer from osteoporosis and other diseases, especially when they are old. Milk is one of the rich sources of calcium and vitamin D, which means that one of the benefits of turmeric with milk is to maintain a strong bone structure and prevent disease. Drinking a cup of it daily contributes to maintaining bone health and reducing pain.
4-Benefits of turmeric with milk for sex
A number of men suffer from low or lack of sexual desire. Eating turmeric helps increase blood flow and may help increase testosterone secretion rates, which may eventually lead to an increase in sexual desire, but this use needs more studies and research to confirm it.
5-Benefits of turmeric with milk for the face
The benefits of turmeric with milk for the face lie in maintaining the health of the skin and contributing to the elimination of acne and other skin problems, due to the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant role of turmeric; Which makes it a good choice for maintaining healthy skin.
Eating a cup of turmeric with milk daily helps to maintain the health of the skin and prevent various skin problems, and a little of its milk can be placed on the affected skin areas for several days to help get rid of its problems.
6-Benefits of turmeric with milk for weight loss
Turmeric contributes to improving the body’s metabolism and burning fat, so some eat it when following diets aimed at losing weight. This use is promising, but it needs more studies, trials, and research to confirm this effect in humans before it can be recommended. But in general, its use is safe unless the doctor says otherwise, and unless the patient has problems that prevent taking it, such as gallstones.
7-Other benefits of turmeric with milk
Curcumin is one of the antioxidants found mainly in turmeric, which makes turmeric drink with milk a rich choice to fight cell damage, prevent diseases and infections, and contribute to maintaining the normal functions of body cells.
Low levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor cause brain imbalances in Alzheimer’s disease. Hence, the benefits of turmeric with milk for the brain are evident. It contributes to raising the levels of this factor responsible for the sustainability of brain cell growth, because it contains curcumin.
Other benefits also include:
- Preventing heart disease and maintaining its health.
- Eliminate cancer cells and inhibit their spread, by inhibiting the growth of blood vessels feeding cancer cells, according to a study conducted in 2008 within the laboratories of the University of Texas in the United States of America.
- Strengthen the immune system and raise the body’s ability to fight fungal, bacterial and viral diseases and infections.
- Improving fat digestion, reducing indigestion, and preventing the negative development of ulcerative colitis. Especially when taken with water in the morning, so this is one of the benefits of turmeric with milk on an empty stomach.
- Maintaining the health and integrity of liver cells, and enhancing kidney and liver functions in removing toxins accumulated in the body.
- Contribute to the treatment of headaches indirect ways.
- Prevention of urinary tract infections.
- Improving and maintaining blood circulation.
8-Tips before eating turmeric with milk
Despite the many benefits of turmeric with milk, it is recommended to take into account the following before starting to take it:
- It is advised not to eat more than 3 tablespoons of turmeric per day, because when eating large amounts of it or drinking it continuously for a long period of time may cause disturbances in blood pressure rates.
- Turmeric should be avoided before surgery.
- Milk can be replaced with soy milk or almond milk in case of lactose intolerance.